The ORCiD (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) is a nonproprietary code used to identify academic authors and contributors. The registry of these unique identifiers is maintained by ORCiD Inc. Their stated mission is to enable transparent and trustworthy connections between researchers, their contributions, and affiliations by providing an identifier for individuals to use with their name as they engage in research, scholarship, and innovation activities. You can read more background on ORCiD here.
Our' integrations with ORCiD allow researchers to:
- log in to the Web of Science platform using their ORCiD account
- export publications from their Web of Science researcher profile to ORCiD either automatically or as a one-time action
- export verified reviews from their Web of Science researcher profile to ORCiD either automatically or as a one-time action
- import publications from ORCiD either automatically when ORCiD is updated or as a one-time action
- export their ResearcherID from their Web of Science researcher profile to their ORCiD record
To learn more about any of these integrations please view this article: ORCID Syncing