You do not need to register nor have Web of Science entitlements to be able to view a ‘free’ version of a researcher’s profile.
- Researcher information (profile picture, name, institution, awards).
- Web of Science Researcher ID.
- 10 most recent publications (including those indexed or not indexed in the Core Collection.
- Peer reviews, grant reviews, editorial board memberships.
- Publication metrics (h-index, citing articles count, sum of times cited, peer review count).
- Publication and peer review charts .
- Access to Web of Science Researcher Search or Document Search.
- Access to Citing Articles lists.
- Access to Citation report.
- Metrics such as: Author Impact Beamplot, Geographic Citation Map, Co-author list, and Author Position analysis .
Registered access (without subscription to Web of Science Core Collection)
Researchers can sign up to a Web of Science account without a content subscription. In addition to the free features, this gives users:
- The ability to create their own Web of Science Researcher Profile.
- View of your own Beamplot and Geographic Citation Map.
- The ability to search for Researcher Profiles using Researcher Search.
- Full publication lists.
- Access to Document Search.
- Access to unclaimed Author Records.
- Access to Citation Report and Citing Articles lists.
Web of Science Core Collection subscriber
Users with entitlements to the Core Collection will see a 'full' version of the researcher profiles. The features available in addition to those above are:
- Researcher Search includes Profiles plus Author Records, covering all of all of the Core Collection back to 1900.
- Co-author network
- Author position analysis
- Citation report
- Profile export (own profile)
- Web of Science Author Impact Beamplots