There are several issues that may cause difficulties with logging into your Web of Science Researcher Profile. Please read on to find out how you can troubleshoot this.
- Are you logging into the right site?
- Do you need to flush your browser's local storage?
- Have you forgotten your password?
- Your reset password link didn't arrive?
- My account is blocked
- I can't access to the email used on my account so can’t reset my password
- None of the above helped?
Are you logging into the right site?
Please ensure you are logging in here: webofscience.com
Do you need to flush your browser's local storage?
It's possible that you have an expired token in your browser's storage. You can try clearing this by closing your Web of Science session and logging out, you can do this by clicking your name in the top right of the window.
If that doesn't work, we suggest flushing your browser's local storage. This is done differently between browsers so to find specific instructions, you could search "Clear browser storage" plus the name of your browser.
Have you forgotten your password?
If you do not recall your password, you can request a password reset link at the login form by clicking on "Forgot password?"
Your reset password link didn't arrive?
If you do not receive a password reset link upon requesting one at the login form, this may be due to one of two reasons:
- Sometimes institutions block certain messages from their mail server, and it seems our password reset emails are among these. You can request your institution IT team to unblock mail from Clarivate.
- You are yet to create a password for email login. Please login with your connected account for example ORCID or Google. You can then set a password for email login via your Account Settings.
My account is blocked
Your account may become blocked if you reach the maximum allowed login attempts. It will become available again after 30 minutes have elapsed.
I can't access the email used on my account so can’t reset my password
Please try remembering the password you used with your defunct email and see if it gets you into your account.
If you can’t remember your password, please get in touch with your email provider to try and regain access. Most email providers have procedures to restore access to accounts.
We take your data security seriously so if you don't have access to any of the account's email addresses or connected accounts (Google, LinkedIn, ORCID), we are unable to regain access to that profile.
While we understand that it can be disappointing, we use these verification requirements to make sure we don't give out any user information to the wrong person.
Such accounts may be deactivated in certain cases, please get in touch for assistance with this here.
None of the above helped?
If you are still experiencing trouble, then please submit a support ticket and we will be in touch.