Since Publons debuted the current profile design and the ability to track citations of your Web of Science Core Collection documents in 2018 we have also given you the ability to track Web of Science Core Collection citations of your documents in non-Core Collection indexes such as Zoological Record, MEDLINE, and BIOSIS.
Those Core Collection citations of non-Core Collection documents will continue to be shown alongside the individual documents on your profile but they will no longer be included in the aggregate metrics shown in various places in the product. This includes your profile metrics page and means that you might notice that some papers listed on your profile are not included in your citation metrics.
We are making this change to better align Publons' researcher representation with the same in Web of Science and InCites.
The h-index on Publons will not change as it was already restricted to citations of and from the Web of Science Core Collection.
The affected product areas are:
- "Total times cited" on researcher profile, metrics page, dashboard summary, and Publons CV
- "Publication impact over time" on profile metrics page, dashboard summary, and Publons CV
- "Web of Science documents" on profile metrics page, dashboard summary, and Publons CV
- "Average citations per document" on profile metrics page and dashboard summary
- "Average citations per year" on profile metrics page and dashboard summary