Because universities and other institutions are such common affiliations for reviewers on Publons, for convenience we provide a separate set of boxes for these affiliations. You can find these on the Affiliation Settings page on your dashboard.
The fields should be self-explanatory, here is an example:
If you are currently a Research Associate at the Faculty of Science at Victoria University of Wellington:
- Start typing 'Victoria University of Wellington' in the Institution field, and select it from the list that appears.
- Then enter 'Faculty of Science' in the 'Department' box,
- Enter 'Research Associate' in the 'Role' box.
- If you have an institutional homepage, copy the URL of your homepage into the 'URL' box.
- Enter the date you started at the Victoria University of Wellington in the 'Start' box and in the 'End' box select "Present"
- Then click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.
- If you have more affiliations to add, click "Add Another" and repeat this process.
Date ranges allow you to specify your affiliations more accurately. This way you can show which institutions you are currently affiliated with as well as your prior history. For current affiliations select "Present" for the End date. You will appear in searches for any institution with an end date of "Present".
Your affiliations will be displayed with their corresponding dates on your profile in reverse chronological order.
If your institution does not appear in the autocomplete list, please submit a new support ticket with the institution's name and URL to have an institution added.