Once you have added some peer reviews or publications to your Publons profile a Metrics tab will be accessible on your profile.
Your metrics are broken into three sections:
- “Your impact over time” can contain two graphs, one displaying your publications and citations over time, and another showing your verified pre-publication reviews over time. Publication and review counts should agree with the data displayed on those sections of your profile and citations counts are sourced from Web of Science.
- “Publication metrics” shows a handful of metrics derived from your publication history.
- “Publications in Web of Science” is the number of publications you have indexed in Web of Science
- “H-index” is repeated from your profile card
- “Sum of times” cited is also repeated from your profile card
- “Average citations per item” is calculated using your “Sum of times cited” and the number of your publications which are indexed in Web of Science.
- “Average citations per year” is calculated using your “Sum of times cited” and the number of years between your first Web of Science indexed publication and your last.
- “Review metrics” shows a variety of metrics related to your peer review activity. All of these can be compared to any research field in our database by entering it in the field available.
- “Verified reviews” is repeated from your profile card
- “Verified reviews (last 12 months)” is the number of your verified reviews which were performed in the last 12 months.
- “Review to publication ratio” is calculated using the total number of peer reviews and publications you have added to your profile.
- "Reviews per month" is a graph showing the number of verified reviews you have completed either per-month or cumulatively on a month-by month basis.
- “Average word count” is a graph showing the average word count among reviews for which you have added the review content. You can add review content on each review’s edit page.