Once you have added some peer reviews or publications to your Publons profile a Metrics tab will be accessible on your profile.
Your metrics are broken into three sections:
- “Your impact over time” can contain two graphs, one displaying your publications and citations over time, and another showing your verified pre-publication reviews over time. Publication and review counts should agree with the data displayed on those sections of your profile and citations counts are sourced from the Web of Science Core Collection.
- “Publication metrics” shows a handful of metrics derived from your publication history.
- “Publications in Web of Science” is the number of publications you have indexed in Web of Science Core Collection.
- “H-index” is repeated from your profile card
- “Sum of times” cited is also repeated from your profile card
- “Average citations per item” is calculated using your “Sum of times cited” and the number of your publications which are indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection.
- “Average citations per year” is calculated using your “Sum of times cited” and the number of years between your first Web of Science Core Collection indexed publication and your last.
- “Review metrics” shows a variety of metrics related to your peer review activity. All of these can be compared to any research field in our database by entering it in the field available.
- “Verified reviews” is repeated from your profile card
- “Verified reviews (last 12 months)” is the number of your verified reviews which were performed in the last 12 months.
- “Review to publication ratio” is calculated using the total number of peer reviews and publications you have added to your profile.
- "Reviews per month" is a graph showing the number of verified reviews you have completed either per-month or cumulatively on a month-by month basis.
- “Average word count” is a graph showing the average word count among reviews for which you have added the review content. You can add review content on each review’s edit page.