There are several issues that may cause difficulties with logging into your Publons profile. Please read on to find out how you can troubleshoot this.
1) Are you logging into the right site?
It's possible you are trying to log into our helpdesk, not Publons itself (we use external software called "Freshdesk" to provide customer support).
Please ensure you are logging in here: https://publons.com/account/login/
2) Do you need to enable cookies?
If you don't see a form on the login page like the image below then you may need to allow cookies for the domain access.clarivate.com:
Learn how to enable cookies here: How to allow Cookies in your browser
3) Have you forgotten your password?
If you do not recall your password, you can request a password reset link at the login form by clicking on "Forgot password?"
4) Your reset password link didn't arrive?
If you do not receive a password reset link upon requesting one at the login form, this may be due to one of two reasons:
- Sometimes institutions block certain messages from their mail server and it seems our password reset emails are among these. You can request your institution IT team to unblock mail from Publons.
- If you have signed up with Facebook, Google, LinkedIn or WeChat, you won't have an email login and therefore you won't receive a password reset link. If you recall signing up with one of these social accounts, please click on the relevant icon and log in using the relevant credentials.
5) Do you need to flush your browser's local storage?
It's possible that you have an expired token in your browser's storage. You can try clearing this by visiting https://publons.com/account/logout/. If that doesn't work, we suggest flushing your browser's local storage. This is done differently between browsers so to find specific instructions, you could search "Clear browser storage" plus the name of your browser.