With Publons you can get recognition for your editorial contributions by keeping verified editor records of the manuscripts you handle.
Editor records on Publons are a record of manuscripts that you have handled the peer review process for. This work includes finding and managing reviewers and contributing to the journal's decision regarding publication of the manuscript.
Journals have many different titles for the people that manage their editorial and peer review processes and can include: Managing Editors, Associate Editors, Assistant Editors, Academic Editors and Section Editors.
Language editing or peer reviewing a paper does not qualify for an editor record on Publons. We currently support editor records for manuscripts submitted to journals or conferences. These editor records can be verified and only verified records will be displayed on the detail pages of partnered journals.
We currently support editor records for manuscripts submitted to journals or conferences. Only the journal name will be displayed on your profile.
There are three ways to add editor records to your Publons profile:
1. Forward your Editorial Receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org. We verify the receipts and add the records to your profile!
- Editorial receipts are any emails sent during the editorial process which adequately identify you as the handling editor of the paper (e.g "Decision has been made" emails).
- These receipts must contain the journal and title of the paper.
- Note that this does not include invitations or acceptance of invitations to edit a paper.
2. Send screenshots of the peer-review submission system to email@example.com.
- The screenshots should show a list of your editorial contributions and must contain the journal and title of the manuscript and your name or login.
3. Fill in the manuscript's details from the editor history page of your private dashboard.
Only people recognised by the journal as responsible for managing the peer editorial and peer review processes for manuscripts should add editor records to Publons. For more information please read: Who can add editor records?
Please note: administrators of partnered journals can see the editor records you add for their journal and can disavow them if they feel they are fraudulent.