Publons allows you to add reviews performed for journals or conferences to your public profile (with the privacy settings you choose). We can then verify your reviews, which can be used in promotion and funding applications.
There are four simple ways to populate your review record on Publons:
1. Add reviews performed for partnered journals
Reviews performed for partnered journals can be instantly added to your profile as you do them. Simply follow these steps:
- Check the box on the review submission form asking if you want to add a record of the review to Publons*
- Follow the link in the confirmation email we send you
We send you a confirmation email on purpose to make sure we never collect review records from people who accidentally checked the box in the review submission form.
We make this two-step process even easier. Simply turn on the 'Automatically add reviews from partnered journals" setting in your profile settings. With this setting enabled, you just need to check the box in the review submission form and you're done!
* This option appears in the peer-review submission system the journal uses, such as ScholarOne or Editorial Manager.
2. Send review receipts to email@example.com
If you've reviewed for journals that are not yet partnered with Publons, you can still add verified records of those reviews to your profile.
- Search your inbox for any “Thank you for reviewing” emails that journal editors have sent you.
- Forward those emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can speed things up by adding the review using the form on your Private Dashboard first, and including the URL of the review in your email to email@example.com.
To see exactly how to add reviews through firstname.lastname@example.org, please watch the video below:
3. Enable auto-updates
Digging up old emails can take some time. So where we can, we’ll do the work for you! We work with our partners to look back at their review records for up to five years and update our users’ review history. Simply turn on the 'Automatically add reviews from partnered journals" setting in your profile settings and whenever we find a review, we'll add it to your profile and let you know.
4. Add reviews through the forms on the site.
Note that you are unable to create journal entries on Publons. If you would like to add a review for a journal not in our database through the forms on the site, please contact us with the journal title, URL and ISSN and any other relevant information and we'll add it for you.